Title: Product Manager
Department: Product Development & Infrastructure
Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Product Manager represents the voice of the customer both in and outside of the building. They liaise with multiple teams to ensure that features are consistently shipped on-time with visibility and clarity. Working here allows you to put your experience to work with great technology and people who are committed to making a difference.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate market knowledge and stakeholder knowledge, along with company vision and strategy into user stories that impact the growth and retention of the customer base
- Define user stories with all the relevant personas, requirements, and measurable outcomes
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify requirements and how best to solve them.
- Collaborate with UX designers and engineers in an agile environment
- Help lead Agile process alongside Development Team Managers
- Gather and analyze competitive data in order to create assets as part of a comprehensive competitive intelligence program
- Drive cross-functional product launches, coordinating the efforts of engineering, sales, marketing, PR, and operations
- Prepare for and participate in industry conferences, webinars, customer visits, and user group meetings including some travel
- Serve as the Voice of the Customer by championing their needs with our organization
- Education: BS or BA required
- Pragmatic Marketing training and/or certification
- 3-5 years designing and delivering world-class software products
- Experience with various management principles: Agile, Kanban, etc.
- Passionate for solving customer problems (the big ones and the small ones)
- Strong customer facing skills, with the ability to work at the executive level
- Familiarity with tools such as JIRA, Slack, Confluence, and others
- Familiarity with SQL, HTML, CSS and other current web technologies.
- Proven technical, design, and systems analysis skills
- Proven track-record of working with varied team members
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sensibility for good user design and empathy for end user
- Ability to clearly represent the product in webinars, conference rooms, and auditoriums
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Passion for the CyberGrants Mission, Vision, and Values
- Prior experience working with or for nonprofit organizations
- Functional expertise with corporate philanthropic programs, payment processing/payroll solutions or outsourced human resources.
- Fast learner who is able to make a sound decision with incomplete information
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, but able to solicit and incorporate feedback from others
- Good attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
For consideration, please send résumé & cover letter, with salary requirements to email@example.com.