Title: Senior Manager Corporate IT
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
Type: Full Time / Permanent
This position is primarily responsible for the IT infrastructure, processes, procedures, and staff required to support CyberGrants Corporate environment in both Andover, MA and Princeton, NJ.
The ideal candidate will possess both the technical skills and experience related to current IT practices, methods and trends along with the managerial and leadership capability necessary to interact with CyberGrants' management and staff. This candidate must be capable of performing “hands-on” technical activities while also providing guidance and direction to the Corporate IT team (i.e., a working manager).
The IT staff managed by this position includes, IT Administrator (Andover), IT Manager (Princeton), and IT Administrator (Princeton).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the effective operation of the Corporate IT infrastructure – including but not limited to system operation, reliability, availability, performance, backups, redundancy, security, maintenance, hardware, software, and configuration. This infrastructure includes:
- All corporate systems and servers (on-premise and cloud-based).
- The corporate network (both voice and data).
- All corporate personal systems (desktops, laptops, and all mobile devices).
- All building, office, and facility related systems (e.g., systems for physical security, access, and monitoring).
- Ensure that the Corporate IT infrastructure meets the requirements for business continuity – participating in business continuity and disaster recovery governance meetings and activities (as needed).
- Service Oriented - Implement solutions that improve corporate productivity (e.g., improve IT responsiveness, self-service capabilities, mobile computing, “IT help desk”, etc.).
- Work with CTO to achieve the optimal balance of IT infrastructure, in a cost effective manner, while maintaining maximum worker productivity (i.e., maximize ROI).
- Process Oriented - Improve internal IT processes, procedures, and culture – metric driven, improve transparency and responsiveness, proactive vs. reactive, system monitoring, incident tracking, exception management, etc.
- Quarterly, conduct assessment of Corporate IT infrastructure and maintain a summary of the current state/status of all systems.
- Develop effective working relationships with various departments to fully understand existing and emerging IT requirements.
- Ensure adequate staffing and training for the IT organization subject to the needs and priorities of the business.
- Work closely with our Information Security team to implement the proper controls, mechanisms, and monitoring necessary to ensure compliance with, and proper execution of, our defined security policies. Provide support for any client risk assessment and remediation activities (as needed).
- Provide effective project management and leadership for Corporate IT projects including assessment of alternatives, cost analysis, design, planning, scheduling, implementation, and post-mortems.
- Together with CTO, maintain Corporate IT budget and participate in budgeting activities (as needed).
- Annually, conduct review and assessments of all third-party vendors that directly or indirectly provide services related to our Corporate IT infrastructure (according to defined Vendor Management policy).
- Work closely with the Production IT infrastructure team to effectively manage any shared infrastructure and ensure consistency of solutions, processes, and technologies (where appropriate).
- Maintain awareness of, and expertise in, the latest IT trends, issues and requirements. In doing so, continually look to introduce innovations that improve our Corporate IT infrastructure (commensurate with the needs of the business).
Qualifications and Experience (Required)
- Undergraduate degree (BS, BA) from accredited university.
- 10-15 years overall IT experience
- 3-5 years supervisory/managerial experience.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Strong familiarity and experience with IT infrastructure trends, methods and best practices.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE or equivalent)
- 5-10 years experience as IT Administrator/Engineer. Specifically, strong technical skills and experience with most of the following:
- Microsoft Client Systems (Windows/7, Windows/10)
- Microsoft Servers (Windows Server 2008 and higher)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange (on-premise, Exchange Online, Mail Gateway)
- Microsoft Office (Office 2010, 2013, Office 365)
- Fault Tolerance, High Availability for Critical Corporate Systems (AD, Exchange)
- Maintaining Corporate IT Infrastructure Hardware/Software
- Network Configuration and Management – Routers, Switches (Cisco, Barracuda VPN)
- Network Security – Web Proxy, Firewalls, IDS/IP, DDoS
- Remote Access Mechanisms (VPN, Remote Desktop)
- AV/Malware Protection – Desktops/Servers (Symantec EPP)
- Mobile Device Support and Management (Laptops, Mobile Phones, Tablets)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – especially for mobile devices.
- System Backups (automated, tape, cloud, etc.)
- File Servers and NAS Systems
- Amazon Web Services
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- Windows Shell Scripting and Automation (PowerShell)
- System Monitoring (Nagios)
- System Logging (Splunk)
- Phone Systems - VoIP (Cisco)
- Asset Management, Tracking, and Disposal (Inventory)
- Configuration Management (SSCM, Nessus, etc.)
- Physical Access Security Systems (Badge Systems, Video Surveillance)
- UPS Systems
Qualifications and Experience (Optional)
One or more of the following qualifications and experience are highly desirable:
- Networking Certification (Cisco CCNA or equivalent)
- DevOps as applied within the context of Corporate IT
- Familiarity with ITIL Framework
- Software Development Experience
- Additional technical skill and experience with the following:
- Database Systems (Oracle, MySQL)
- Atlassian Jira/Confluence
- Linux Systems
- Integrating MacOS into Microsoft AD Environment
A CyberGrants person is...
CyberGrants is successful because of the highly motivated people who work here and their deep enthusiasm for customer service and philanthropy. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through. Your passion and commitment will inspire your colleagues as you continue to place the client at the center of everything you do.
For consideration, please send résumé & cover letter, with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.