Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Department: Technical Product Development
Type: Full Time / Permanent
Provides varying levels of support for all aspects of the CyberGrants environment to include computer hardware, software, phone systems and communication devices. Assists CyberGrants staff in resolving desktop and infrastructure technical issues and provides courteous and knowledgeable assistance with questions. Provides first level support for the infrastructure group, including research and resolution for technical issues, maintenance and troubleshooting and repair technical infrastructure components including desktop/server hardware and software, operating systems and applications/office systems by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, researches and resolves technical issues.
- Responds to help desk tickets for technical support in a timely manner.
- Tracks and monitors issues to insure a timely resolution.
- Responsible for server maintenance to include Application and Infrastructure Server maintenance to include installation and configuration.
- Responsible for system level database administration and maintenance in conjunction with DBA.
- Responsible for configuring and monitoring storage capacity and health.
- Responsible for monitoring production systems’ health and availability in conjunction with DBA.
- Serves as point of escalation for production issues.
- Perform capacity planning with infrastructure team.
- Maintains, repairs and upgrades desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines.
- Maintains and supports CyberGrants desktops and applications to include Microsoft Office Suite.
- Provides administrative support/configuration for Microsoft Outlook/Exchange. Resolves Outlook configuration issues to include permissions, views, calendar-sharing, email rules and data migration.
- Configures CyberGrants workstation to include phones, computers/ip addresses.
- Ensures workstations and servers are current by installing vendor patches and updates.
- Provides support for all user IT support issues and works with available resources, hardware and software vendors to provide effective solutions, break/fix and problem resolution.
- Ensures consistent configuration/setup of CyberGrants workstations.
- Develops and maintains desktop support procedures and prepares end-user documentation.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- 10 plus years administrative experience with the Windows and Solaris operating systems
- Unix Shell scripting development and maintenance
- 5-10 years experience working with Oracle Server versions 9-11g
- Experience with Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Experience with configuration and operation of network services (DNS, NAT, proxy)
- Ability to lift and carry computers and computer monitors
- Ability to plan well and prioritize work
- 6–10 years experience providing infrastructure, help desk or IT support
- Experience in Outlook Exchange configuration/maintenance a plus
- 3 plus years experience in troubleshooting and providing solutions to issues within the Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills are imperative
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Exposure to help desk applications
- Resourceful, flexible, high energy, assertive with the ability to inspire and support others
- Demonstrated focus on customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good people and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with all organizational levels
For consideration, please send résumé & cover letter, with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.