The Lowe’s Charitable and Educational Foundation is dedicated to improving
the communities we serve through support of public education and community improvement projects.
Founded in 1957, the Lowe’s Charitable and Educational Foundation (LCEF) has a long and proud history of contributing to grassroots community projects. LCEF awards millions annually to diverse organizations across the United States.
Primary philanthropic focus areas are:
- Community improvement projects
- Public Education, priority is given to K-12 public schools
The Foundation provides funding only to 501(c) (3) tax-exempt nonprofit
organizations and public agencies in communities where Lowe’s operates stores
and distribution centers.
Lowe's Charitable and Educational Foundation
requires that all applicants take an eligibility test. Organizations that pass
will be considered, but not guaranteed a grant. LCEF receives far more requests
than it can accommodate. Many times, requests that pass the eligibility test and
fall within the stated guidelines are not approved.
The Foundation's charitable contributions are not used for:
- Grants generally range from $5,000 to $25,000. Larger amount requests will be considered, but are seldom awarded.
- The Foundation will reserve the right to consider an organization's grant application only once per calendar year.
- Individuals and families
- National health organizations and their local affiliates
- Religious organizations and church or denomination-sponsored programs or events
- Special events, such as conferences, dinners, sport competitions, festivals or art exhibits
- Sponsorship of fundraising events (i.e. dinners, walks, golf tournaments and auctions)
- Goodwill advertising or marketing
- Political, labor, veteran/fraternal organizations, civic clubs or candidates
- Sports teams or athletic events
- Arts-based programs
- Animal rescue and support groups
- Travel-related events, including student trips or tours
- Development or production of books, films, videos or television programs
- Capital campaigns, endowments or endowed chairs
- Activities of organizations serving primarily their own membership
- Private schools
- Continuing education for teachers and staff
- Institutional overhead and/or indirect cost (i.e. salaries, stipends, benefits and most project labor costs)
- Memorial campaigns
- Multi-year requests
- Tickets to events
Our philosophy for giving holds that the communities we serve should be the primary beneficiaries of our charitable contributions.
We recommend that your local Lowe’s store be your first point of inquiry when seeking a modest gift card, door prize or donation of materials for a community project or event. LCEF grants typically range from $5,000 to $25,000. If you are requesting an educational scholarship, you need to access Lowes.com/scholarships.
You must first take the Eligibility Test to confirm that your needs match with LCEF guidelines. To do so Click here for Eligibility Quiz.
Click here to continue working on a previously started application.