Type: Full Time / Permanent
CyberGrants is an ambitious, fast-growing and innovative company focused on providing the very best service to our clients. With nearly 20 years of experience supporting corporate and private philanthropy, CyberGrants brings customers an extraordinary wealth of knowledge and services.
As part of the Cybergrants team you will be part of a select few that are responsible for helping our corporate and private clients provide over 6.6 billion dollars in annual funding to national and local non-profit organizations in support of programs ranging from major natural disaster relief to local animal shelters and after school programs.
We are currently looking for an experienced Scrum Master. Our ideal candidate is a facilitator for the Agile team and Product Manager. Rather than manage the team, the Scrum Master works to assist both the team and Product Manager.
Our mission and entrepreneurial spirit attracts passionate and hardworking professionals. We work hard, but have fun while doing so.
- Conduct all Scrum ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives for multiple scrum teams.
- Remove barriers to the team’s productivity by opening lines of communication, streamlining processes, and identifying problems to support the teams’ velocity.
- Facilitate conversations with teams to discuss areas of success and areas of opportunity. Follow up to ensure feedback is being acted upon to drive continuous improvement.
- Utilize JIRA to maximize visibility of the sprint backlog, product backlog and release plan.
- Track work progress and identify impediments to allocated tasks.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of development staff.
- Calculate ongoing team capacity and velocity using reporting in JIRA.
- Lead working session meetings to discuss scope, schedule and requirements with product owners. Drive the development of user stories.
- Work with stakeholders including product owners to clearly ensure the agile framework is adhered to.
- Run retrospectives and implement structural changes based on feedback.
- Block stories or backlog items that do not have the detail to proceed within a given sprint or if the teams capacity has been exceeded.
- Minimum 3 year working as a Scrum Master or Agile Project Manager with a software development team
- CSM and/or PSM certification preferred
- Experience running scrum boards in JIRA
- Experience as a coding developer
- Proven ability to organize, task, prioritize, and communicate effectively
- Understanding of agile theory, rules and practices and ability to coach and mentor project teams
- Knowledge with Agile techniques– user stories, TDD, testing, automated testing, story points
- Understanding of scrum and the purpose, creation and maintenance of scrum artifacts, including Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, and Burnup/Burndown Charts
- Understand the purpose and benefits of a Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a Scrum Master, Product Manager/Owner, and the Scrum team
A CyberGrants person is...
CyberGrants is successful because of the highly motivated people who work here and their deep enthusiasm for customer service and philanthropy. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through. Your passion and commitment will inspire your colleagues as you continue to place the client at the center of everything you do.
For consideration, please send résumé & cover letter, with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.